[column width=”1/1″ last=”true” title=”” title_type=”single” animation=”none” implicit=”true”]
A head injury is any trauma that leads to injury of the scalp, skull, or brain. The injuries can range from a minor bump on the skull to serious brain injury.
Head injury is classified as either closed or open (penetrating).
- A closed head injury means you received a hard blow to the head from striking an object, but the object did not break the skull.
- An open, or penetrating, head injury means you were hit with an object that broke the skull and entered the brain. This usually happens when you move at high speed, such as going through the windshield during a car accident. It can also happen from a gunshot to the head.
There are several types of brain injuries, including:
- Concussion, the most common type of traumatic brain injury, in which the brain is shaken.
- Contusion, which is a bruise on the brain.
Common Head Injury symptoms:
- If you experience headaches, nausea or sleepiness that seem to be getting worse
- Abnormal nausea that has not gone away
- Irritability, confusion or other changes in behavior
- Dilated pupils or pupils that vary in size
- Noticaeable issues with motor skills like walking or speaking
- Drainage of fluids or bleeding from your ears or nose
- Numbness in the arms or legs or general and consistent abnormal weakness.
Our personal injury attorneys have helped clients that have received brain injuries from car accidents, motorcycle accidents and slip and falls. If you are in Tulsa or the surrounding areas and you need a good Tulsa head injury lawyer call the Gorospe Law Group today for a free initial consultation.
If you have suffered a Head Injury call The Gorospe Law Group Personal Injury Law Firm in Tulsa, Oklahoma at 918-582-7775.